Monday, March 8, 2010

Servant Leadership Training

I finally get it! All this time that I have spent at Grace I have viewed my SLT as merely a requirement, even though I have enjoyed going. But last night, with much prompting of the Holy Spirit, I finally came to understand why Grace requires us to do this "Mandatory Volunteer" work. Matthew 20:25-26 tells us,"But Jesus called them to Himself and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and those who are great exercise authority over them. Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you, let him be your servant. I was showed this verse at my church's Shepherd School, a training course for Pastors, Deacons, Elders, and Deaconesses. God showed me that if I want to become a Pastor, I must be a servant. This applies to all in the kingdom of God, and it applies to every aspect of our lives. If I want to be great in God's kingdom, I must serve my wife, I must serve the brothers and sisters at Grace, I must serve my family, friends, and church family, and I must serve even my unsaved coworkers, and other strangers I come in contact with daily. This is vastly easier said than done, but with every spiritual discipline, it starts by praying that God would train me up in this, and it starts with daily walking with God.

Now I have done a lot of spouting my opinions these last few weeks. I would like to make this blog more interactive, so I am going to pose a question to you, the readers: We are baptized as a profession of faith, essentially telling the world that we have been saved by Jesus. But Jesus did not need salvation, He is the source of it. Then I ask you, why was Jesus Baptized? If you have any thoughts pleased post them in a reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment